The Regional Office “Dialogue Eastern Europe” of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung invites young progressive leaders aged 25-35 to apply for the sixth edition of the Eastern European Academy for Social Democracy, which will take place from 25th till 30th of November 2018 in Austria (Vienna and Region).
The Sixth Academy will be organized in cooperation with our FES Regional Office for Cooperation and Peace in Europe, based in Vienna, and focus on the challenges and threats for the European Security Order. What are the interests of the main actors in the region? How differently do countries perceive the developments in Eastern Europe over the last 25 years? The program will emphasize the security challenges and opportunities that countries are facing in Eastern Europe in the context of regional conflicts.
Our carefully balanced program includes discussions with experts from the field of security as well as with representatives of Social Democracy. Furthermore, participants will get a first-hand information about the work of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). The practical part of the Academy will include a scenario project, where participants will work in groups to develop several long-term scenarios for the European Security Architecture.
Goals of the program:
· The Academy is primarily directed at candidates committed to social democratic values and interested in strengthening the political dialogue between their nations and other countries of the region as well as the European Union.
· The Academy aims at further educating participants concerning issues of hard security and the work of the OSCE as well as to provide a platform to discuss security issues in Eastern Europe. It will promote peaceful dialogue, mutual understanding, and the exchange of social democratic values and approaches.
· The Academy is based on a growing, sustainable network of Eastern European future leaders who are willing to facilitate dialogue among young, committed, and progressive people open for finding new ideas to cooperate within the Region.
· Citizenship of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
· Between 25 and 35 years old.
· Fluency in English.
· Young leaders from youth organizations, young members of Parliament, junior government officials, journalists, experts or civic activists.
· Willingness to actively take part in Alumni activities, to constantly support a growing sustainable progressive network of like-minded people and get involved in the organization of political programs in their home countries.
· Participants of the previous FES events are also welcomed to apply.
· To apply, please fill in the application form by 22th October at 7 am (Kyiv time)! No applications afterwards will be accepted and evaluated!
· The results will be announced on 29th October. Shortlisted candidates might be invited for a skype interview.
· The organization team aims to ensure gender balance of participants in the program.
· The working language of the program is English.
· Accommodation and travel costs related to the program will be covered by the organizers.