The Friedrich Ebert Foundation Regional Office “Dialogue Eastern Europe“ (FES) offers internships for advanced students:
- A justified interest in the international work of the FES and the working lines of FES within Eastern Europe;
- High level of academic performance;
- Proven ability to express oneself in Russian and English, both written and verbally. Knowledge of German and Ukrainian is beneficial.
The duration of the internship may vary. We assume an involvement of eight up to twelve weeks. We are especially looking for interns for the following periods of time:
Contribution to implementation as well as preparation and evaluation of FES activities. That covers following responsibilities:
- Accompany and assistance of international speakers and visitors,
- Editorial support of the Russian speaking IPG Journal (www.ipg-journal.io),
- Writing of texts and protocols,
- Editing, correction, and translation of texts,
- Preparation of documents for events,
- Responsibility for the registration desk at events,
- Maintaining lists, research and data administration,
- General seminar assistance,
- Upon agreement: continuation of own scientific work.
4. Services of FES
- Supervision for the period of the internship through employees of the FES Regional Office. Thereby we ensure an inclusion into all activities along our working lines.
- Participation of interns in events of FES in the project region.
- Provision of an own workplace with computer equipment.
- FES delivers a professional internship certificate.
5. Visa, accommodation and insurance
Only for a long-term stay in Ukraine (more than 90 days per half-year), a visa (Type D) and a resident permit are necessary. Due to legal obstacles, interns can neither get an invitation for a visa, nor a resident permit, nor an accommodation provided by the FES. A valid foreign health insurance as well as a personal liability insurance is required for every internships. FES is pleased to offer advice in this field.
Applicants are asked to apply with the following documents:
- Cover letter with a clear motivation and qualification for an internship at the Regional Office “Dialogue Eastern Europe“ including meaningful CV.
- Send your applications via Email to: office [at] fes-dee.org. Three weeks after receiving your application you will get a respond. Don’t hesitate to contact this address concerning questions.